- Talk to your animals, they listen. And if you’re attentive and listen closely, they’ll talk right back.
- Smile often. It either confuses people or makes them think you’re up to something.
- I salute single mothers as much as I salute boys who grew up without fathers and girls who grew up without mothers.
- In those recent years, I’ve switched from “most of my friends are parents” to “some of my friends are grandparents.”
- You can tell that a couple is in sync when you spot them separately smiling at the same thing without looking at each other. It often happens when they are both facing me and look at my dog then smile in a similar way.
- The more we travel and meet “different” people the more we realize that we're not so different after all. One we all are.
- I stopped fighting my inner daemon; I've unleashed it.
- Nature may keep your heart beating. But the arts… are why you want it to keep beating.
- Give yourself permission to walk away from those who belittle your ambitions and dreams, predict your doom and criticize you. Their reaction is nothing but a mere reflection of their own emotions, perceptions, and experiences. It’s their story they are mirroring, not yours.
- I have come to realize that nothing is more liberating than packing what you really need and moving to a new place every once in a while. Leaving your comfort zone of familiarity may appear scary at start. But then when you do it a few times, this daring adventure becomes a truly rejuvenating, well-worthy experience.