Wednesday 14 September 2016

New Kreation: Quinoa with Brown Rice and Garlic




The following is the first addition to the New Kreation series since the last time I was in Egypt and cooked that calamari catch. The reason is mainly because I have been residing in a hotel lately and don't have a full kitchen. Last night, however, I made a simple dish which I believe is worth sharing.

So it's basically quinoa with brown rice and garlic added to a skillet with 2 tbs of water until it heats in a few minutes. I would normally make my own quinoa, but my cousin had left me a box of those organic Seeds of Change pouches before traveling so I might as well use them.

Add red or green onions — I used 1/4 of a white one which was in the fridge before being reminded by why other colours may be lighter.

Then add 1tbs of extra virgin olive oil, 1.5 teaspoon of Dijon mustard, 1 teaspoon of almond butter, basil, thyme, salt and peppers, plus some tomato salsa on the side. Et voila, me amigo. 


Simple, fast, filling, cheap, and healthy.



ALSO VIEW:



New Kreation: Onion-n-Garlic Pasta with Mussels and Other Yummy Stuff

New Kreation: Veggie Pasta

Cooking My Catch, Finally ― Pasta with Calamari [With Video and Recipe]

New Kreation: Sliced Baked Potatoes with Herbs

How I Dropped Two Waist Sizes in a Few Months

Kicking That Sweet Habit
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment