The following introduction is from the very first Words I Made Up.
“Since I was a kid I always loved playing with words and coming up with new ones. Whether they were meaningless or as nicknames for my schoolmates, friends, girlfriends, and pets, the creation was something that came naturally to me.
As I matured and really got into language and writing, I found that, apart from the reflections, my thoughts are often invaded by new, single words. Sometimes I wake up with one in my head, such as ‘Jalapeñonated’, for example. Other times, it's while meditating, showering, reading, or just relaxing.
Knowing that language is beautiful yet elusive and limiting, the lexophile in me now finds exquisite joy to give the made-up words proper definitions. For perhaps someday they could be used in appropriate situations — even make it to dictionaries and thesauruses. Who knows. Because, when you think about it, someway or another all words are made up. So maybe we should play around with language.
Without being too wordy, I hereby share with you some of the newborns.”
Jetzt Boys و Girls, voici numero saba...
- Triptonite: An alien mineral capable of altering states of consciousness, making you feel like Superman when ingested.
- Adeep: An Arab author or scholar who digs further than the rest.
- Uniquorn: A legendary horned creature that is not like any other.
- Montpelé: A city in southern France known for its love for outstanding Brazilian football players of the 20th century.
- Cuntry: A nation where everyone is a pussy.
- Yogyurt: A semisolid fermented food prepared from milk and made by nomads living in tents.
- Allewd: Suggest, or indirectly call attention to, something crude or sexually offensive.
- Asstute: Having or showing an ability to accurately assess people based on the size and shape of their buttocks, then turning it to one’s advantage.
- Lacktoes: Someone who’s missing a finger in each of their feet so they consume significant amounts of milk and dairy products in hope they grow back. They are usually not tolerated by their communities.
- Amock: Behave uncontrollably and disruptively by replicating something or imitating someone.
“I believe in the magic and authority of words.”
― René Char
Words I Made Up
Words I Made Up — The Sequel
Words I Made Up — The Threequel
Words I Made Up — The Fourquel
Words I Made Up — The Fifthquel
Words I Made Up — The Sixquel
Words I Made Up — The Eightquel
Words I Made Up — The Ninthquel
OLS REFLECTIONS — الطبعة العربية المرحة
OLS REFLECTIONS TRE — The Mildly Fun Ones
OLS REFLECTIONS SEIS — The Mollifyingly Fun Ones
OLS REFLECTIONS Девять — The Pacifyingly Fun Ones
OLS REFLECTIONS DODICI — The Appeasingly Fun Ones
OLS REFLECTIONS SIEBZEHN — The Peacefully Fun Ones
OLS REFLECTIONS VENTI — The Quiescently Fun Ones
OLS Reflections पच्चीस — The Soothingly Fun Ones