Wednesday, 19 August 2015

Meet Alf عقبة [Video]



In an effort to entertain my 92-year-old grandma, who's in stage 5 of Alzheimer (probably), and whom I'm currently sharing the house with, I wrote and performed this simple bilingual song. The lyrics are not really addressing her, but the word play and the rhymes are all what make her laugh out loud.

After all, I lived with her for two years as a 5-year old when my parents were away, during which I learned what unconditional love is. And I hold that this time has truly shaped my character and who I am as a person. So adding some laughter to her confused existence is nothing but a humble thank you for everything.

Here it is.

Meet Alf عقبة


Lyrics

I had a date ...................... و إتشقيت
  I couldn't be late ................ بس عطيت

يا سلام عالبهجة ................. 't was so great

Long walk on the beach ...... و مرح فالغيط
البنت لذيذة ............... She hightened my state
                   
      Too happy am I ...................... فقمت غنيت
      Too happy am I ...................... فقمت غنيت


Wonder if she'll change ...... و نلبس فالحيط
I really hope not .................. لاحسن أنا استويت
              
ده كلام مكتوب ....... Destiny & Fate 
ده كلام مكتوب ....... Destiny & Fate 


Thing is .................... لو إستنيت
شعري هايشيب ................. Offside و Checkmate

        وأنتخه فالبيت و أنتخه فالبيت   
      وقعاد فالبيت و قعاد فالبيت


 And that is why ................ في ذاك الديت
أنا مانسيت إني افتريت

And that is why ................ في ذات الديت
 أنا رحت و جيت  أنا رحت و جيت

And that is why ................ في هاك الديت
اللي عندي إديت اللي عندي إديت

 و يا سلام عالفرحة ................. 't was so great

Too happy I am ...................... فقمت غنيت
Too happy I am ...................... فقمت غنيت


و كيت و كيت .......... See you after 8
See you after 8 ......... و كيت و كيت

            
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

2 comments: